Friday, December 31, 2010

Email from Monday, 29 November 2010

Hello family. I love you all. My companion and I had a good Thanksgiving together. We ate turkey hot dogs and we played football with the camel that you sent me. I saw pictures of Kaitlyn and Nolan. They look so much different and I didn't even recognize them. I cant believe how much they have grown. Our house is really beautiful. God has really blessed us. I wish I was there for the party. We had a good week. We baptized 5 people this week. We thought we met our goal but one of our baptisms didn't go to church to get confirmed, but next week she's going to get confirmed. We really worked hard this month to reach our goal. We almost didn't baptized one. Her name is Eliadora. We have been teaching her for a month, and she hadn't gone to church because she was studying. So last week was her last week of school and she went to church, so we called she president to ask if we could baptize her with only one attendance, and he gave us permission on the condition that she would be baptized with her father. Her father isn't a member and he wasn't married so we planned a wedding in about a week so that they could get baptized this month. Her dad had already attended church like 4 or 5 times, so yeah, he went out of town for a month.. So he never showed up for his wedding, so we had to call the president again to get permission to baptize her without her father. So it was all kind of a hassle but she ended up getting baptized without her dad. We are going to baptize him next month. He´s going to return in December. Last month we baptized two families, and we are teaching some of the grandchildren of the one of the families. Their parents didn't want to give us permission to baptize them so we did a lot of praying, and on Thursday this week, the spirit really took over as we were talking to their parents about the baptism. I don't know how we did it, but we got permission to baptize them. We also have been teaching a girl named Cynthia. She´s really special. She´s the girl I wrote about in my previous letter. On the day of her baptism, it seemed like all hell was fighting against her so that she wouldn't´t get baptized. She is about 20 years old and she has a kid. She lives with her mom and I don't know what she heard about our church but she was punishing Cynthia and her daughter for getting baptized. So when we came over to take her to church to be interviewed and baptized she started crying and she really didn't feel ready to get baptized. So my companion and I told her that everything was going to be okay and we offered a prayer with her. She offered the prayer. After the prayer she felt better and decided to get baptized. The church is true, and Satan knows it's true, and I am completely convinced that he will do what ever it takes to put us off course. Even as member of this church we need to be careful. We never know what will come. This week has been exciting and very stressful. I'm glad it's over. We are really excited about this next month. Well, I love you all and I miss you all. Thanks for your letters and your love. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment