Friday, December 31, 2010

Email from Monday, 22 November 2010

Well, this week has been good. We should see some miracle this week. We have a goal of 5 baptisms this month and we haven't baptized anyone yet but we do have 5 people who are going to get baptized but we have a few situations that we need to resolve. We really need to get them resolved fast because this week is our last week of the month. We are going to marry a family this week and we don't have their birth certificates yet. We have to take their birth certificate from where they were born. The mom was born in another state here in Honduras and its not in our mission so we have to send other missionaries from the other mission to retrieve it, and the other baptism candidates that we have are kids and they need permission to get baptized and the mom has not given us permission yet because she hasn't seen a change in them. I had a really spiritual lesson the other day. We have been trying to get this girl baptized for like 2 months. In one of our lesion's I promised her if she would pray to know that she needs to get baptized that night after the lesson, she would receive an answer. The following day we visited her and she received an answer. We asked her if she prayed to know that she needs to get baptized. And her answer was yes, I prayed and I felt joy., a lot of joy and happiness. Then my companion asked her what that mean for her. And she told us that she should get baptized. The spirit really filled the room that night. It's an experience that I won't forget. God really does answer our prayers. I finished reading the Book of Mormon again. I love the Book of Mormon. I learn something new every time I read it. I was thinking about reading Doctrine and Covenants, but I decided to read the Book of Mormon again. I have also been studying a lot about the gifts of the Holy Ghost. We all have gifts and a way that we can know what gifts we have is by reading our patriachal blessing. Well, my companion and I are planning on celebrating Thanksgiving together. I think we are going to buy some turkey hot dogs and have us a little Thanksgiving dinner. I'm glad I'm with a gringo. We have a lot of fun together. Well, I miss you all and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment