Friday, December 31, 2010

Email from Monday, 13 December 2010

Hello family. Seeing the picture you sent me almost made me cry. The Lord has really blessed us. Our house is beautiful. You look so happy in the picture, and everything looks so beautiful. I can't wait to see our home and our animals again. Our cat looks really big. It sounds like the missionaries in our area are having a hard time. Maybe you should give them the missionary Christmas challenge. I'm going to start it today. I'm excited. People here in Honduras celebrate Christmas the same way we do. They just don't have as much money as we do. They have Christmas trees, lights, and they usually have a dinner on Christmas. They eat tamales instead of ham and turkey. Well, we are having a lot of success in our area. We found 22 new investigators this week. We've been working really hard. Last week was really hard for us and we didn't have much success. But all the people that we contacted last week turned into to new investigators this week. It's like a miracle. I fasted to find new investigators and God provided. I´ve never found 22 investigators in a week in all my mission. We found a family of 7 the other day. They have a lot of potential. It's especially exciting for us due to the fact that they're all men. A worthy priesthood holder here in Honduras is really important because there are none. I think Elder Bothwell is going to be leaving the area soon. We have transfers on the 22nd. I sure am going to miss him. He's been a good companion. We had an activity as a district on Friday. We went caroling in our neighborhood. It was really effective. We found like 7 new investigators from the activity. We had a good time too. We're going to do it again this week. I'm going to sing and play the guitar for one of our missionary conferences this week. I'm really excited. I'm going to sing Noche de Luz. My zone leader is going to accompany on the piano. We're going to practice tomorrow! Well, I haven't received your package yet. I'm sure ill get it soon. Well, I miss you and I love you. Have an excellent week.

No comments:

Post a Comment