Monday, September 13, 2010

Email from Monday, 13 September 2010

Hello everyone! I cant believe you all had a party without me! Well, it sounds like it was a successful party. I am doing just fine here in Honduras. We saw several miracles this week. Someone who was investigating the church for almost a year now got baptized Saturday, and I also learned the meaning of sacrifice on Sunday. We have an investigator who walks about an hour and a half to go to church. I made the trip to his house Sunday and boy was I tired. He can barely walk. He has a problem with his leg, and he has attended church 2 times. He has a baptism date for the 25th of this month. We also found an older lady who dreamed of being baptized in the church of Jesus Christ 3 times! She has a baptism date for the 25th as well. This week was really interesting. We were in a trio. I was with my old companion. I don't like being in a trio. Well, to answer your question about if I do service here - We did a service project at a school here in Jesus De Otoro on Wednesday. We painted a library. It was a lot of fun. Is it normal to put gasoline in the paint? They do things differently around here. We also helped a member clean his yard. This month we are going to have a talent show at church. I am going to play the guitar. I'm going to sing "Soy un Hijo de Dios." I'm excited! We don't have activities like you all have in the United States. There isn't enough money here in Jesus de Otoro to do those kinds of activities. Well, my English class is not going so well. I don't have very many students. I think we need to promote the class better, but while I was teaching the other day I really started to enjoy it. I think I want to be a teacher. Well, thanks for everything. I love you all. You all are always in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment