Friday, July 16, 2010

Email from Monday, 12 July 2010

Hello everyone! Sounds like everyone is doing just fine. I haven't had a chance to do a baptism in a river yet. They used to do baptisms in the river here in Jesus De Otoro, but now we have a baptismal font. This week has been amazing! I am the senor companion. I am training a new missionary. His name is Elder Coronado. He is from Guatemala. He really looks up to me. I really have to be on my best behavior. I have to be perfect! We are learning a lot together. I am directing the area and it has been really interesting. It's really weird not being the junior companion. I have to make a lot of decisions, and sometimes it's really hard. I am really enjoying it though. My Spanish is getting so much better. I feel like it's doubled in just one week. The Lord is truly working through me. I could never do these things with out the Lord. We had 5 investigators attended church this WEEK! I couldn't believe it. We are trying to Baptiste a 35 year old man, but its been kind of difficult. His companion lives in Spain and she might be returning from Spain. He wants to be baptized but he is afraid if he gets baptized, she might return and he might sin, so he is going to talk to his companion in Spain and ask her if she wants to get married. It's kind of an interesting situation. I hope he gets baptized. We have two baptism dates right now. The other baptism never happened. Two of them moved away and the other doesn't want to listen to us, so we only have 2 baptism dates right now. We are probably going to marry a family next month. We will see what happens. They should be a baptismal date for next month. OK, I love you all, and I miss you. Keep me in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment