Monday, June 7, 2010

This week has been good. We have 5 baptism dates for the 19th of June.We would have 6 but the father doesn't want her to get baptized. We've been trying to convince him, but I don't think it works. They really don't understand the doctrine very well, so we are going to teach with an object lesson. We are going to bring powder fresco and bleach. We are going to teach repentance and how repentance works. When we add the powder to the water we are going to say that is sin and when we add the bleach, that's repentance. I'm pretty excited about it. I hope they understand, or they won't be able to pass their interviews with the zone leaders. My companion is the district leader. I forgot to mention that. We are doing some really fun activities for the members here. We have to do pretty much everything around here. There are not very many faithful members. We teach all the classes except one on Sunday. We did a game night last Saturday. It was really fun. We played all sorts of fun games and after the games we bought soda and cookies for everyone. We tried to play soccer last Saturday, but no one showed up. It was kind of a disappointment. I don't think we'll do that activity anymore. It's been raining a lot here lately, but now that the rain is gone it's really hot in Jesus de Otoro. Jesus de Otoro might be worse than Bakersfield. I'm not too sure. I'm speaking much better Spanish. I don't know about my English. I forgot the word sacrament the other day. OK, I love you all, and I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment