Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Email from Monday, 14 June 2010

Hello family, thanks for writing me this week. It sounds like all is well in the USA. Honduras is still Honduras. One of our baptism dates almost didn't want to be baptized but we had a friend of her's talk her out of it and she will be getting baptized this next Saturday. I'm really excited. They made me in charge of putting together an activity for the zone. I set up a BBQ. It was actually a lot of fun. We played ping pong and we ate hamburgers. We competed at ping pong. It was a lot of fun. I took 2nd out of the zone. This week has been good. We really didn't teach very many lessons, but it was fun. I went on splits with an American missionary the other day. I love going on splits with the gringos. They always do the funniest things. While teaching the law of chastity, he started taking about the word of wisdom. It was an accident, but it was funny. I helped the president count the tithing Sunday. We don't have very many priesthood here in Jesus de Otoro. We have to have 3 in the room at a time when counting the money. I thought it was interesting. I learned these 4 steps that we should do when partaking the sacrament. I thought you could use it as well. 1. The first step is to offer a prayer of gratitude. 2. Go to the meeting with a repented heart. 3. Remember the covenants we made at baptism, and those covenants are to always remember our Savior, keeps his commandments, and to take his name upon us. When we took his name upon us, we committed ourselves to do what he would do, or be where he would be. 4. When we do these things we can receive revelation for ourselves or others. I tried it last Sunday and it completely changed the sacrament for me. Hopefully, it will have the same effect on you. OK, I love you all. Thanks for the support that you all give me. I wouldn't be here without you all. Please keep me in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment