Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Email from Monday, 25 October 2010

Hey family. Thanks for your letters. It's nice to hear from you all. I've had a good week. Well, I´m enjoying the mission. My companion is great. He likes to play soccer. I started using that book Adrienne sent me and I like it. It has really good ideas. We wash our clothes with a pila, and it always takes up a lot of time, so I was reading in the book and it has a few ideas about washing clothes, so I used the technique, and its amazing! I wash my clothes in a bucket instead of washing it by hand in the pila. Its much faster. So, my area is new to Tegucigalpa. It's about an hour away. It's a nice area. The members actually cook for us. I love it! I'm starting to gain weight. I'm not used to getting fed by the members. We are having success in our area. My companion and I don't speak very much English. I don't like English. I'm not used to speaking it. I gave a talk on Sunday. It went well. I didn't know I was going to give a talk. The bishop told me in the middle of the meeting and asked me to speak about something. So I decided to talk about repentance. I made a really good joke before I started my message. There are two Elder Smith´s in our ward, so I said that I was the original Elder Smith and that I was better looking. They all laughed. We should marry and baptize a family this week if everything turns out well. One of the missionaries in the office is managing our wedding and he hasn't taken out the birth certificate for the dad, and the office is closed right now because of strike, so my companion and I have been doing a lot of praying and fasting. I hope we can baptize them this month. Keep them in your prayers. Well, I love you all and I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment